Michelin ran this campaign designed to promote how they can help drivers cut fuel costs. They carried out research with us to determine attitudes and gauge awareness of their ads. 200 face to face interviews were conducted, 150 test and 50 Control at 4 Motorway Service Areas.
Appropriateness Of Environment:
- 82% of respondents were responsible for making decisions about their car
- 88% of respondents purchased new tyres in the last 12 months
- Heavy MSA visitors are 113% more likely than the national average to be frequent buyers of tyres; 6 or more tyres in the last 12 months**
Ad Awareness & Recall:
- 57% of respondents said they had seen tyre advertising recently –unprompted (*33% more than the average recall for an OOH 6 sheet campaign at 19%)
- 72% of respondents recalled Michelin as the name of the advertiser -unprompted
- 66% of respondents recalled seeing this advertising on posters at motorway service stations -unprompted
- 95% of respondents recalled seeing this advertising on posters at motorway service stations –prompted
- 77% of respondents recalled this Michelin poster advert – prompted
- 88% of respondents engaged with the secondary message of the poster advert as well as the primary
Our advertising generated a 92% interest in Michelin’s offer and an 81% likelihood to use Michelin over another brand in the future – 82% of respondents would ask their tyre supplier about Michelin after seeing our advertising.
Over 4 weeks the posters hit 54 million motorists with over 241 million impacts.
Source: Admedia Independent research in conjunction with Market Management *Posterscope **TGI 2013